Choose one of the Security Risk Assessment Videos to watch
The Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) is the interconnection via the Internet of computing devices embedded in everyday objects, enabling them to send and receive data. In the healthcare industry, there has been an increase in this type of technology. Personal Medical devices/ consumer wearables are on the rise and have completely transformed the healthcare industry. While wearable devices offer advantages, they pose increased risks to privacy and security.
Appraise strategies to ensure that the use of information technology includes privacy and security of patient information
Include the following aspects in the discussion:Use the HealthIT.gov template (see link below) to review a sample Security Policy, which is a guide/template for an Organization Security policy.
• Select a security risk that integrating consumer wearable data into healthcare organizational technology infrastructure may have
• Assess the risk using the following security assessment template:
• Your assessment should be completed on a healthcare organization you are familiar with
• Share your template to the discussion board
Privacy and Security
There are many open-source sites to assist healthcare professionals in learning about security. HealthIT.gov has security risk assessment videos as well as games designed to help learning of basic security principles.
Assess your Privacy and Security knowledge with a security game.
Include the following aspects in the discussion:
• Choose one of the Security Risk Assessment Videos to watch
• Summarize the main points of the video
• Play the Privacy and Security Challenge Game (be sure to enable and update Flash)
• Discuss if you did well and if your score surprised you
• Share your plan to improve your knowledge of security basics
Use the HealthIT.gov template (see link below) to review a sample Security Policy, which is a guide/template for an Organization Security policy. In your Discussion 1, highlight, based on the course readings/video for this week, plus this security policy, three key points for a Security Policy. Discussion 2 is not changed, Assess your Privacy and Security knowledge.
Image preview for choose one of the Security Risk Assessment Videos to watch