How closely do you identify with and affiliate with your culture?
Number of sources:
Number of pages: 2
Spacing: double spaced
Details: For this assignment, you will interview someone who is of a different culture than you. It could be a family member who is has a different culture or friend. You will write the questions and then write the answer that they provide. Remember you can interview them over the telephone or a zoom call. You will ask them the 10 questions below and write their response.
1. What is your history? What is your home of origin?
2. What are some of your family customs and roles of members within your family? What is your role in your family?
3. How closely do you identify with and affiliate with your culture? How assimilated into the mainstream culture are members of your family and who well is that accepted by the rest of the family?
4. What are the gender roles in your culture? and in your family?
5. What religious or spiritual beliefs are influential in your culture and for your family?
6. What are your family beliefs about child-rearing and discipline?
7. What is the power structure in your family? Is age a factor in who has power? How are decisions made at the family and community level?
8. What is your concept of health? What are the customary health practices and beliefs? Do you use home or folk remedies, a healer, shaman, or some other traditional or spiritual healer?
9. What is your concept of personal space? What is considered appropriate touch between people of various relationships? (consider how people greet each other)
10. Identify and verify customs, beliefs, and practices that might be misinterpreted by established institutions with your community e.g. schools, law enforcement, social services, health care providers, etc. (example male and female circumcision, cutting, tattoos, transfusions, autopsies)
Image preview for how closely do you identify with and affiliate with your culture?