Choose 5 to 10 of the following interview questions and debate in the discussion thread below about the best response to each.
Develop 2- to 3-sentence responses for each chosen question:
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about our organization?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What can you do for us that someone else cannot?
- Why should we hire you?
- What important trends do you see in our industry?
- Why are you leaving your present (or last) job?
- What do you think are the salary requirements?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult person and how you handled it.
- What motivates you to put forth your greatest effort?
- In what kind of work environment are you comfortable?
- What two or three things are important to you in your job?
- How well do you work under deadlines and pressure?
- On your way to work, you experience a frustrating situation. How do you maintain a positive attitude and avoid bringing negative emotions into the office?
- Have you been in a situation where you disagreed with a supervisor’s decision or a company policy? Describe how you handled the situation.
- Are you a team player? Provide an example.
- How do you evaluate success?
- Tell me about some of your recent achievements.
- What are your long-term goals?
- How do you promote team unity?
- Tell me about your favorite teacher. What characteristics do you admire and why?
- What motivates you?
Submit your responses in a Microsoft® Word document.
Q1. What motivates you?
I challenge myself with achievements at both personal and career levels. This is the main factor that attracted me to the sales career. The fact that I will face different clients every day, and have to deal with all their queries on the products that I sale motivates me to keep in touch with all the company’s products, including those made by the competitors. This gives me the confidence of facing any customer as I feel prepared and ready for the job.