How did this effect the courts ruling in Citizens United case.
Subject: American National Government: The Judiciary
Number of sources: 1
Number of pages: 1
Spacing: single spaced
Topic: The Judiciary
Details: Due July 5, 2020
American Government Book; https://openstax.org/details/books/american-government-2e
View and take notes on Professor Thomas Patterson’s lecture on the Federal Courts ,
then answer the following two questions:
1. Do you agree or disagree with Alexander Hamilton’s statement that the “Judiciary is the weakest branch of government.” Explain and discuss the powers of court in relation to the executive and the legislature. Please be specific and use examples.
How do political backgrounds influence the interpretation of the Constitution and it’s application to the law? How did this effect the courts ruling in Citizens United case.
In order to receive credit, you are required to:
• Submit a discussion thread divided into paragraphs following the aforementioned questions/topics.
o Penalties for not following this requirement will range from 5 to 10 points.
• Provide comprehensive responses by using the textbook as the primary source of information.
o Penalties for not using the textbook as the primary source of information will range from 5 to 20 points
• Submit your main response in at least 250 words.
o Penalties for not following the length requirement for any response/reply will range from 5 to 30 points.
• Reply to at least three classmates in at least 70 words per reply.
o In your reply, identify something you had not previously been aware of or something which challenges you to think differently.
o Each reply will be worth five (5) points.
• Submit all discussion posts within the due date.
o No late submission will be allowed or graded unless it involves a documented emergency or accommodation.
• Avoid copy-and-paste and unnecessary quotations.
o Use paraphrasing instead of quoting.
You should use a quote only when the same idea cannot be stated differently or when doing so would diminish its academic value. The latter is not applicable in our case and the former is rarely needed.
• Provide, when paraphrasing, in-text citations and references in the APA writing format.
o Penalties for not providing in-text citations and/or references will range from 10 to 40 points.
Image preview for how did this effect the courts ruling in Citizens United case.