Do we really need to convert tacit knowledge into explicit knowledge?
|Course Name: Knowledge Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT 403||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1441/1442 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Knowledge Management (MGT-403)
First Semester (2020-2021)
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
|1||Demonstrate understanding of overall knowledge management concepts, goals and strategies within the context of organization|
|2||Explain issues pertaining to work with tacit knowledge & support its sharing|
|3||Explain processes of knowledge management in companies|
- All students are encouraged to use their own words.
- This assignment is individual assignment.
- Be very specific and focused on the issue while answering a question.
- Student must apply Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines and review at least three (3) scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles to support their answer for each question.
- A mark of zero will be given for any submission that includes copying from other resource without referencing it.
- No marks will be given for irrelevant details.
- It is strongly encouraged that you should submit all assignments into the safe assignment Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading.
- If the assignment shows more than 25% plagiarism, the students would be graded zero.
This Assignment is based on the Material covered in week 2 to week 4.
The focus of the assignment is to evaluate the understanding level of students related to basic concepts of knowledge management. Students are required to:
Read the material covered in week 2 to week 4 thoroughly from book as well as other sources.
Some of the useful links are given below.
Based on the above material and chapters covered answer the following questions.
Write a short essay about evolution of Knowledge management. Provide minimum three definitions of knowledge management with proper references. (1.5 Marks)
- In Knowledge management why is it important to differentiate between information, data and knowledge? (1 Mark)
- Do we really need to convert tacit knowledge into explicit knowledge? Support your answer with proper references. According to Nonaka and Takeuchi SECI model, explain how knowledge conversion takes place? (1 Marks)
There are four main knowledge management cycles. Briefly describe each one of them. Highlight the crucial stage / Stages in each one of these knowledge management cycles. (1.5 Marks)
Image preview for do we really need to convert tacit knowledge into explicit knowledge?