Explain how the person interacted with the challenge.
For the final Portfolio Project, option #1, write a paper about a person in a period of United States history from exploration to 1877, and explain a challenge the person faced, what that challenge was, and how the person did or did not overcome the challenge.
· Do not write a complete biography of the person’s life.
· Focus on a challenge faced by the person.
· Describe the historical, social, governmental, or personal circumstances of the challenge.
· Explain how the person interacted with the challenge.
o Did the person meet the challenge and succeed?
o Did the challenge defeat the person?
o Explain the resolution of the challenge. Was it resolved? Did it continue?
o Does the challenge the person faced continue to challenge American society today? Explain how so or why the challenge no longer exists.
This paper must include a discussion of the following topics:
· a thorough summary of the event including the incidents that took place and the key individuals involved.
· the importance of the event in the scheme of U.S. history; and
· the impact of the event, person, or time in U.S. History.
Simple examples of historical figures and their challenges (do not be limited by this list):
· Pocahontas and the challenge of Jamestown colony
Please adhere to the following requirements for the paper:
· Your paper must be between 4 full pages not counting the required Title and Reference pages.
· Use at least five sources, one primary source and a scholarly journal article. The textbook is not included in the required sources.
· Construct an introduction and strong thesis statement.
· In the body of the essay, use supporting facts and examples to strengthen your thesis.
· Finish with a forceful conclusion reiterating your main idea.
Image preview for explain how the person interacted with the challenge.