Be sure to save an electronic copy of your answer before submitting it to Ashworth
College for grading. Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use
correct English, spelling, and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response
should be double‐spaced; refer to the “Format Requirementsʺ page for specific format
Objective: List strategies for enhancing learning.
Bruce is furious when his midterm is returned with a C grade. He tells his sociology professor
that he had read each of the assigned chapters three times, and if someone can do that and just be
average, then there’s something wrong with the test! He becomes more angry as he talks, yelling
at the professor and making degrading statements. Bruce cannot understand why the professor
gave him such a low grade- he’s certain he remembered everything perfectly.
- Based on your understanding of critical thinking and memory, describe one (1) flaw in
- Describe two (2) possible explanations for Bruce’s average performance.
- Describe (2) techniques/strategies Bruce should use when studying for the next test to get
a better grade..
Objective: Discuss facial expressions related to emotions.
- Describe subconscious processes, nonconscious processes, and mindlessness.
- Provide one (1) personal example of a behavior for each process.
Please refer to the rubric on the following page for the grading criteria for this assignment.