Scientific Methods In Week 1, you used the scientific method to design research studies (basic and applied). Now you will select one of them (either the basic or the applied one) and build upon it using the skills you have developed since then. You are go
In Week 1, you used the scientific method to design research studies (basic and applied). Now you will select one of them (either the basic or the applied one) and build upon it using the skills you have developed since then. You are going to write the ‘introduction and background’ and the ‘method’ section of your study. Make sure that you review peer reviewed articles so that you can model your sections after those in peer reviewed journal articles. The background section of your study should be supported by at least 10 peer reviewed journal articles. Be sure to also specify your experimental and null hypothesis. In the method section, you will need to identify the methods of data collection, the participants, and the procedure for your study.
At the conclusion of these two sections you need to write a rationale for your study that includes the following:
- Analyze the types of sources used and how these choices may affect results.
- Justify why your chosen methods of data collection are the optimal choice.
- Discuss what type of approach you chose (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, or both) and evaluate why you chose this approach.
- Please provide your answers in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- I am using the research topic of Applied Behavioral Analysis as a proven treatment for Autism Spectrum Disorder. I believe all the other requirements are posted.
Treating autism with Applied Behavioral Analysis
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is among the major brain disorders affecting almost 1% of the world’s population. In the United States, it is claimed that over the last decade there has been a 15% increase in the number of people with ASD (Hobson, 2016). While the cause of autism is not known, it is known to impact the brain development of an individual. The disorder impairs how a person socializes and communicates. There are various recommended medications that could be applied to inhibit the most of the symptoms caused by ASD. Autism spectrum disorder is argued that it can be diagnosed as early as eighteen months from a Child’s birth. During early childhood, a child with ASD will have difficulty in some functional skills like communication as noted by (Tustin, 2018).