Summary and Response
Write a brief summary of the main points for two of the reading selections assigned for the week.
• Write a brief response to two of the reading selections assigned for the week. In your response you should identify and explain your perspective in the issue(s).
• Review the sub-module on Summarizing and Responding to Readings for a sample summary-response paper.
. Connection to other Course Assignments:
• The summary-response will help you clarify your understanding of the weekly reading selections.
• The summary-response will also help you to clarify and articulate your perspective on the various social issues presented throughout the course.
• Moreover, the summary-response will serve as the basis for your quote logs and for your analysis in the case study project
• Be sure to include a summary for two of the assigned reading selections.
• Be sure to include a response to the issue(s) presented in two of the assigned reading selections.
• In your summary paragraphs, clearly present each author’s key points in your own words.
• In your response paragraphs, show you are really thinking about the issue(s) – don’t settle for easy answers, don’t pretend that conflicting evidence doesn’t exist, don’t feel that you have to take an either-or position. In addition, do not feel that you have to agree with the authors.
• You should submit your summary-response for both readings in a single document/file.
• Your summary-response for each of the reading selections should be a minimum of two (2) paragraphs (about 300-400 words) in length.
◦ Your summary for each of the two readings you selected should be 1-2 paragraphs long.
◦ Your response to each of the two readings you selected should be 1-2 paragraphs in length.
◦ Please clearly label and separate the summary and response for each reading. Please do not lump the summary and response together.
• Your summary-response should be typed, double-spaced and in 12-point font.
He also noted that the country handled the situation commendably although it infringed on In the reading selection for this week, “Security and Freedom,” Nicholas D. Kristof discussed the manner in which some civil liberties of some people in the country have been steamrolled after the…