Treat each article separately and make sure to identify which article you are discussing.
Week 13 Speed Dating Assignment
1. Select a partner for this assignment. Save a copy of your work as a Word document, and then save it as a PDF to submit to Top Hat.
2. Make sure both of your names are on the assignment.
Directions for the Assignment:
1. Select TWO readings from 11/9, and TWO readings from 11/11 (total of 4 readings).
2. For EACH reading, provide a 1-2 paragraph summary. Then provide a 1-2 paragraph that discusses A) what you learned, and B) why this information is relevant or important for our world today. Make sure to list what EACH partner learned and thought was relevant and important for our world today.
3. Format: Treat each article separately and make sure to identify which article you are discussing. Do not make one long section of summary for all the articles, but write a mini-document for each article, for a total of 4 mini documents. You can combine all of this into one final document to be submitted, but make sure that it is divided into separate sections for each article.
4. This assignment is for a total of 40 points if you follow the directions above AND offer careful analysis. You need to demonstrate 1) that you have read the articles you select, and 2) that you understand them. Vague, superficial summaries will result in loss of point. Vague, superficial reflections such as “I learned a lot” or “this is important” without evidence will result in a loss of points.
Image preview for treat each article separately and make sure to identify which article you are discussing.