Work Breakdown Structure
- Explore the Work Breakdown Structure Formats document included in this week’s Learning Resources. The document presents a scenario and three corresponding WBS formats that pertain to the scenario.
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of each WBS format included in the document.
- Think about the level of detail dedicated to task information in each WBS format. Evaluate the formats based on the following criteria for clarity:
- The task has a measurable status or completion.
- The task has defined start and end events.
- The task has a deliverable.
- The task’s time and cost are easily estimated.
- The task can be completed without interruption and additional input after its start.
Post an analysis of the advantages and disadvantages of each work breakdown structure format. Provide an analysis of whether (and how) the work breakdown structures meet the assigned criteria for clarity. Provide rationale for your response.
To be a great project manager it is important to create a work breakdown structure (WBS) before commencing a project. It helps define the actual and specific organization of the whole project scope. The most commonly used method…