Case study 69
What went wrong in this situation?
1. What went wrong in this situation?
2. What preconceived notions did the students allow to impair their thinking and preparations
for their initial meeting with the clinic administrator?
3. What needs to happen next?
4. What should the students do to make amends with the administrator?
5. How can the students increase their cultural competence?
6. What can the students bring to the table to truly help this care provider?
7. How can Señora Garcia use this as a teachable moment for these students? (Hint: Perhaps
she’s bilingual and does speak English.)
Answer preview what went wrong in this situation?