Analyze the effects of culture, politics, and economic systems in the context of international business
Introduction to International Business – CASE STUDY
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
1. Analyze the effects of culture, politics, and economic systems in the context of international business (Lo 2.1)
2. Explain the forces driving and evaluating the impact of globalization (Lo 1.3)
3. Carryout effective self-evaluation through discussing economic systems in the international business context
Please read case 3: “Economic Development in Bangladesh” available in your e-book (International business: Competing in the global marketplace (13th ed.), at page no.629, and answer the following questions:
1. What were the principal reasons for the economic stagnation of Bangladesh after its war for independence? (marks: 2)
2. Explain how the liberalization program in the 1990s enabled Bangladesh to start climbing the ladder of economic progress. What are the main lessons here that can be applied to economic development in other nations? (marks: 4)
3. Bangladesh is dependent for its prosperity upon agriculture and textile exports. What are the risks here? How might Bangladesh diversify its industrial and commercial base?
Image preview for”analyze the effects of culture, politics, and economic systems in the context of international business “