Module 4 – SLP
INCIDENT COMMAND SYSTEM; PRINCIPLES AND FEATURES PART II; DISASTER PREPAREDNESS
- In Module 1, you identified a community subjected to 3 major disasters.
- In Module 2, you conducted a Hazard and Vulnerability Analysis for your selected community and answered questions about your findings.
- In Module 3, you discussed your plans for responding to the specific types of disasters concerning the direction and control of the disaster and the responsibility for operations.
Now for Module 4 SLP, you are to do the following:
- Assemble your Module 1 SLP to Module 3 SLP papers into your final project, with appropriate headings and subheadings, and references at the end. The suggested length is 20 pages.
- Cross-check your final paper against the key ICS features, making certain that your paper covers at least 90% of the ICS features within the body of your text. If not, insert sentences covering nine ICS features where relevant.
The key ICS features are:
- Management by Objectives
- Unity of Command
- Establishment and Transfer of Command
- Organizational Flexibility
- Unified Command
- Span of Control
- Common Terminology
- Personnel Accountability
- Integrated Communications
- Resources Management
- Incident Action Plan
SLP ASSIGNMENT EXPECTATIONS
Final Project Paper of 20 pages Due
You are to hand in your final project. Your final paper should contain synthesized materials from the Module 1 SLP through the Module 4 SLP.
Organization: Headings and subheadings should be used to organize your final paper.
References: At least 10 references should be included in your final paper from academic sources (e.g., peer-reviewed journal articles). Required readings are included. Quoted material should be properly cited. Use your own words and build on the ideas of others. When a material is copied verbatim from external sources, it must be enclosed in quotes. The references should be cited within the text and also listed at the end of the assignment in the References section (preferably in APA format).
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Relevance: All content is connected to the question.
- Precision: Specific question is addressed. Statements, facts, and statistics are specific and accurate.
- Depth of discussion: Points that lead to deeper issues are presented and integrated.
- Breadth: Multiple perspectives and references, and multiple issues/factors are considered.
- Evidence: Points are well-supported with facts, statistics, and references.
- Logic: Presented discussion makes sense; conclusions are logically supported by premises, statements, or factual information.
- Clarity: Writing is concise, understandable, and contains sufficient detail or examples.
- Objectivity: The paper avoids the use of first-person and subjective bias.
Module 4 – Background
EOC organizations structures and staffing: Management and operations (2012, December). Mississippi Emergency Management Agency. Retrieved from https://www.msema.org/wp-
Ignore Discussion Questions after each section.
FEMA and federal partners continue to support areas affected by the aftermath of Sandy (2012). FEMA. Retrieved from https://www.govloop.com/
FEMA overview of federal efforts to prepare for and respond to Hurricane Maria (2018). Retrieved from https://www.fema.gov/
FEMA provides update on federal support to Hurricane Irma response (2018). Retrieved from https://www.fema.gov/
How to address equity as part of COVID-19 incident command (2020, May 6). Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Retrieved from http://www.ihi.org/
National Preparedness Resource Library, FEMA http://www.fema.gov/
Coronavirus Emergency Management Best Practices. FEMA. https://www.fema.gov/
Incident Command System Resources. FEMA. https://training.fema.
Requirements: Requirements provided above.
Attached are the SLP1-3 that the assignment requires.
Image preview for”in Module 1, you identified a community subjected to 3 major disasters.“